See many of the Pictures from Fr. Joseph and the Pilgrim's trip to Jerusalem. Click the link to see the pics.
Read more

75th Anniversary of Blessed Sacrament Church

Since October 2, 1944, when Bishop Emmet Walsh established Blessed Sacrament Parish to care for the spiritual needs of all Catholics living West of the Ashley, the parish has been blessed by the generosity and dedication of thousands of Catholic families who have worshipped in Blessed Sacrament Church. Monsignor John J. McCarthy was the first pastor of the new parish. Initially, the St. Andrew’s Exchange Club very graciously offered the use of their building for the celebration of Masses and for religious instruction for children. In May, 1945 ground was broken for the construction of a temporary Church building (now the Parish Hall) and a rectory for the priest (now Church offices). Construction of the new Church was begun on June 1, 1962 and the current Church was dedicated on May 13, 1965. 

 

 

 

 

 

Fr. McCarthy